A MESSAGE FROM SAM
Dear fellow dog enthusiasts,
Understanding dogs (not just their behavior) has been my life’s work for over 30 years. Every dog has the potential to live totally free. Freedom of Life for a dog means the following:
- To enjoy life to its fullest without fear, anxiety, or impatience.
- To enjoy the outdoors without fences or tie-outs.
- To stay close and attentive to the master without being commanded, regardless of stimuli.
- To play with other dogs and not fight or bully and return to the master’s side immediately should danger arise.
- To be trustworthy and secure with children.
- To enjoy the freedom life has to offer with ultimate courage, respect and trust based upon a true bond resulting from mental and emotional connection.
- To trust the master unconditionally with his or her judgment and be happy in the master's presence – even when faced with the final moments of life – without fear.
We are truly responsible for the behavior our dogs display. Let's hope that no more dogs face being surrendered to a shelter, given away or otherwise disposed of due to our own misgivings.
I encourage you to browse my site! If you have any questions about your dog and how my program can work for you, feel free to contact me.
Sam Malatesta is an internationally known professional dog trainer and behaviourist. He has been training individual dog owners and rescue and shelter organizations on all aspects of canine rearing, training and socialization for over 30 years.
He specializes in the rehabilitation of problem dog behaviours (eg. aggression), obedience and training, dog selection, preparation for Schutzhund, protection, and other dog sports. He is also a certified breeder of purebred German Shepherd Dogs.
He is based in Beeton, Ontario and has traveled and taught training seminars throughout North America.